Quarterly – 1 to 2 hours
Once and a while it’s good to clean out all the pots. They are easily removed and the whole process is complete in no time!
When doing this task, we recommend cleaning one row at a time. While you are at it, take the extra few seconds to rinse out the feeder tubes as well.
Make sure to unplug the pump from the timer when completing this operation to avoid a potential water spill.
Here are the steps to complete this task:
1) Unplug the pump
2) Pick a pot line to clean
3) Remove each plant from the outer pot and place somewhere out of the way
4) Remove the outer pot from the steel suspension cables
5) Remove the mesh filter from the pot
6) soak the pots and filters in hot soapy water for a few minutes
7) Scrub the pots and filters to remove any accumulated algae and debris
8) rinse thoroughly
9) Replace the mesh filter
10) replace the pot on the suspension cables
11) replace the plants
12) plug the pump in directly to a socket and let run for 15 minutes to ensure proper water flow
13) replug the pump into the timer.
** the pots are dishwasher safe and can be a quick alternative to doing this by hand!